Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!

I like April Fools Day. I like nice tricks not mean ones. For the past several years I have tricked my kids with food. We have done eggs (marshmallow creme and 1/2 a peach), grilled cheese sandwiches (sliced pound cake with orangish yellow frosting), juice with a straw (jello). They've gotten a kick out of it. This year we did the fake eggs again but a scaled down version. I melted 5 white chocolate chips and put a yellow M&M in it. They end up being about the size of a quarter.

My friend, Katie, and I co-chair the recognition committee for the PTA. We wanted to do something fun so came up with this idea.

Fake sushi! We served them in take-out boxes with chopsticks. The teachers loved them. They turned out so cute I decided my kids would have sushi for dinner.



5 comments:

Natalie said...

Those look so yummy! Cute idea

Cori said...

Tooo cute!!

The Ascanios said...

Those are so cute Jen!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Those are super cute! I've wanted to make those for something for ages, but haven't had the right opportunity yet.

Lindsea said...

I love that idea1